Carbon Monoxide is a poisonous gas that is odorless, difficult to detect and lethal. This dangerous combination of non irritating signs and symptoms make Carbon Monoxide poisoning a silent killer and the number one cause of poisoning deaths in the U.S. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be easily prevented by installing a carbon monoxide detector. Although having a functioning detector is a way to avoid a potentially fatal situation, avoiding a Carbon Monoxide buildup to begin with is always the best preventative. Carbon Monoxide can come from many sources, any appliance in your home which burns fuel can cause a build up of Carbon in your home. If your furnace or water heater is not functioning properly or doesn't have enough venting your home could be at risk. It is always best to stay on top of your systems functionality. If you feel as though your home may be at risk or hasn't had an inspection in many years, please call Charter Oak Mechanical for an evaluation. It is always better to be safe then sorry. We are located in Manchester CT and Serve all surrounding areas. Thank You for reading our blog.